Kaiden is one of three little boys, all born within a few months of each other, that I fondly refer to as my favorite little monsters. Watching him grow into the little man that he is has been such a joy! He has turned into the busiest, happiest, funniest little boy who definitely keeps his momma and daddy on their toes! He’s turning out to be quite the entertainer and was hamming it up for me the whole time I was photographing this cake smash.
Be sure to check back later this week!! There were so many great images from this session that I decided to save part of them for a second blog post!
I love the “are you sure I’m supposed to have this?” look on his face!!
Oh hey, this is fun!!
Hey Kaiden, let’s see your blue tongue!
I have to give all the credit for the bubbles to Kaiden’s momma. Tell me this wasn’t the best idea ever??! AND we did this session in their kitchen!! What little boy doesn’t want a momma who thinks bubble makers in her kitchen are an awesome idea??!
What could be better than a cake smash AND bubbles??!
Thank you so much Kaiden for an awesome session – you rocked it!! And thank you to his momma and daddy for the work that went into planning and for letting us blow bubbles all over your kitchen!
The calendar says it’s spring. I know it does. Even though they’re predicting snow showers here this evening! I know everyone is saying it, and while I’ve been working hard not to add to all the complaining, I’m hoping it is the very last of the winter weather we see until much, much later this year. I moved south for a reason ya’ll!!
Here are a few images I captured of the pussywillows I bought last weekend. I’ve always wanted to buy some of these for the house and yet for some reason every spring, I just never seem to get around to doing it. Well, this year, I finally bought a little “spring” for our dining room table!
Rex was just so fascinated by these pussywillows!!
I also bought a bright, cheery, bouquet for the kitchen. (This is what happens when the hubs heads out off-shore fishing for the day… at least this time there wasn’t glitter involved!!)
Adding some bright, cheery colors to our house!
Here’s a little note for all you allergy sufferers: If you buy pussywillows rooted in water, they will produce pollen. However, if you buy them unrooted, you won’t have to put them in water and you won’t have to worry about sneezing or itchy, watery eyes!
Oh this family! And this sweet, sweet, darling, little girl!! They rock my world!!!!!
This is now the… FOURTH time I’ve had the pleasure of capturing Kayleigh’s milestones and I couldn’t have been more thrilled to see them again last week!
(Check out our previous sessions here, here, and here)
We kept our fingers crossed for sunshine and warmer temperatures and decided to meet again at Noland Trail, part of the Mariner’s Museum Park, in Newport News for our session. This park is a particular favorite for this family – mom’s an avid runner and has spent many hours and many miles enjoying the beautiful landscape of the trails around the museum. Thankfully, we were in luck, the weather cooperated, and we were able to capture some gorgeous images of this sweet little 1-year-old and her wonderful family. AND Miss Kayleigh’s momma even brought along a cake for a little cake smash!!
I happened to remember Mis Kayleigh’s momma having an affinity for purple, so I put together this penant banner for our session. It worked perfectly with the little red wagon Miss Kayleigh had received as a birthday gift, just the day before!!
How much fun is this wagon??
What little girl doesn’t love a string of pearls??!!
One very happy family!
Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!!
Thank you, Smith Family, for inviting me to capture so many milestones for your family!! Every session has been such a joy and Miss Kayleigh could not be any sweeter!
After rainy weather caused us to have to reschedule this session, we were all keeping our fingers crossed and hoping for a little sunshine for Chelsea and Matt’s engagement session. And it worked!! The sun finally peeked through the clouds last Saturday right in time for these two to get a little cuddly in front of my camera.
Since Chelsea and Matt are getting married on a golf course this fall, we decided to head over to The Signature at West Neck for their engagements. This location is a particular favorite of mine – since it also happens to be where I married my prince charming – and I was thrilled to be headed back for a visit with these two lovebirds. They even brought their adorably frisky pup along with them!
Love it when my couples bring their furbabies!!
Chelsea’s gorgeous bling!
Thanks for a wonderful session, you two! I can’t wait to see you and your sweet families again in October!!
There’s no doubt that March certainly has lived up to it’s reputation. What is up with this weather??!
I think we’re all more than ready for a little spring weather after the crazy winter we’ve had. Each year, no matter the pep talks I give myself, I realize a little more just how much short days and cold weather really affect my productivity levels. It’s much more tempting to cuddle up and hibernate til spring!
Needless to say… I didn’t do so well with my February goals… Let’s recap:
– Keep up the workout efforts – if only a few crunches and a pushup here and there really counted…
– Design personal photo albums and finally get those pictures somewhere other than hard drives! – I’m going to cross this one off since I put a whole lot of work into our Bermuda album… three… seperate… times…
– File taxes – so close, just double checking the business stuff
– Install new carpet in my house – last step before it goes on the market!! – this one got delayed by the unwelcome news that we’re going to have to rent it again
– Organize my bedroom closet
– Make a freezer meal – twice!!
– No spending – except Valentine’s Day – success two months in a row!!
– One evening each week with my business (minimum) – probably came pretty close to this one, on average
– Read for pleasure – finished three and a half books this month!
– Read the Word – finished Ezekiel and nearly half of Daniel
– Something crafty – Calligraphy!
– Weekly date night with Chris – we’re pretty good about this anyway but after I spent most of January recovering from the flu, I wanted to make sure we got ‘caught up‘
– Blog twice a week – this will happen one of these days, I know it will! – but not in February…
– Drink more water and take my vitamins every day – didn’t quite get every day checked off but did much better, especially on the water intake
Okay, now here’s what I hope to accomplish in March:
– Get back on track with working out – we’ve got a little mini vacation planned for next month!!
– Sew something
– File those taxes!
– Get my house ready for renters
– Keep working on the super secret new project… 🙂
– Attend a church service – we’re still looking for a church to call home
– No spending! – except for gift giving, someone has a birthday coming up!
– Keep reading the Word
– Read a business building book
– Blog consistently – still aiming for that twice a week mark
– Practice calligraphy – I’m loving my progress already!
– Clean/organize something
– Throw away/donate something
– Drink more water
– No soda – I gave this up for lent!
– One night/week with my business
Nothing measured, nothing gained!! I’m hoping to see a lot more crossed off at the end of this month!